Sunday, November 2, 2008

Where Are Those Elves?

So I waited and waited and waited but the packing elves never showed up. You know what I'm talking about, the elves that come while you sleep (their related to the cobbling elves who worked with the shoemaker) and pack all your suitcases, while you are blissfully dreaming. Then when you wake up all you have to do is put the bags in your car and off you go. I waited for weeks but they never came. I even tried singing, in hopes that all the little woodland creatures that live in my neighborhood would come pack my bags (hey, it worked for Cinderella... or was it Snow White... I should ask one of my nieces), but to no avail. Well last night I finally threw my hands up in frustration and packed the suitcases myself, finishing with an hour to spare. I am happy to report that my bag weighed in at only 40lbs (ten lbs under the limit), which I am told is a miraculous feat, especially for someone with two X chromosomes. Only 10 hours till take-off... Ciao

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are so crazy - but i enjoyed that story. i laughed.