Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I Made It!

Well I made it! 24 hours, 4 airports, 3 planes, a bus, a train & a taxi, later and I’m in Italy! I’m a little overwhelmed and still processing right now. There has been so much change in the past day, I’m on sensory overload, which combined with sheer exhaustion, means my brain is not quite functioning right now. So this will just be a short post to let everyone know I arrived safely. I’ll end with a couple of thoughts, my apartment is cute, though pink (I’ll post some photos later). Lucca looks like a fun town, I wandered around a bit earlier (got a bit lost as well but that’s to be expected). Italian fashion is crazy. My favorite outfit of the day was a girl wearing shorts, a turtleneck sweater, a puffy ski jacket, nylons and calf-high leopard print cowboy style boots. At home, she would have looked ridiculous, but somehow here, it just worked. And the final thought, watching the Simpsons in Italian is a little surreal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha,ha. yeah my trip to england was way to long - add a crying baby and you've got a good time right there! anywho sounds like you finally made it - so did you stay up so you could adjust to the time difference? everyone told me to do that and i'm like i'm thinkin no, i need sleep.