Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sometimes God Has Different Plans

A few days ago, I took the train north to Castelnuovo di Garfagnana which is the “big” town next to the little village of Corfino, where until a few weeks before I left, I had planned to stay. However, I think God had a different plan in mind for this trip and I ended up in Lucca instead. After visiting Castelnuovo, I can see that Lucca was a much better place for me to spend this time, and had I gone to Corfino as originally planned, I don’t think I would have had the chance to experience half of what I have experienced. That being said, Castelnuovo is a lovely town (I never made it all the way to Corfino as the bus schedule getting there and back is very limited) just more isolated than I had imagined. Had I rented a car for this trip, I think it would have made a very relaxing haven; however relying on the train system to get around made a larger town such as Lucca a wiser choice.

I arrived in Castelnuovo on market day, which I’m pretty sure meant that everyone from that town and a few others where congregated in the main piazza, so I had the chance to really get in there and rub elbows with the locals (literally). There is not much to the town, and I was able to walk the entire place in a few hours, however, it was very peaceful (once you got past the piazza). When I arrived in the morning, the whole valley was covered in fog, so the pictures I took there have a much different feel than others I have taken. Hope you enjoy.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These pictures should be made into 1000 piece puzzles!!! They're beautiful.