Lucca is definitely a town that likes to celebrate the holidays. Currently there is a Chocolate Festival set up in Piazza Napoleone along with a Carousel and an outdoor ice skating rink. Around the corner from my apartment, in Piazza San Michele, there is a special holiday market selling trinkets from around the world, and in the Collegio Real there is an artesian market. I was wandering around yesterday evening checking out all the festivities, when I came to the Piazza Anfiteatro and noticed a crowd gathering. They were getting ready for their Christmas Tree lighting. Now the tree is nothing like Prescott’s, it is a Christmas Tree sculpture with a shiny metal frame and colored tubes coming out like branches, but they lit up and I was thrilled. Afterward, I wandered around a bit more, and had some chestnuts roasted over an open fire by a street vendor, a first for me, and they were pretty good. I am definitely getting into the holiday spirit, now I just wish it would snow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment